Monday, May 6, 2013

Collective April Haul!

Alright you guys...this is a little embarrassing. I have so much stuff that I have gotten over the course of this month! I've had several events this month that I had to get a basically new wardrobe for. Just kidding, but really. I've gotten a ton of clothes and shoes and basically anything you can imagine. Be watching for a video on YouTube that corresponds with this post!

Clothing

I'll start off with shoes: I've gotten two pair of Steve Maddens! The first is literally the epitome of "Hayley." The color, style, sparkle, and spike. They're the most beautiful nude/beige color loafers. Covered in topaz crystals and have gold spikes all over them and around the edges to line the foot opening.

The second are the perfect simple summer wedge. Again, beautiful nude color! They are all braided leather. The straps: wonderful and so on trend. There is one that goes across all of the toes, and then two that cross over the arch of the foot and buckle under the ankle bone. They are so sturdy and fit my narrow feet so well.

Pants: I got the cutest pair of denim shorts by Element. I was shocked that I liked them as much as I did considering that they are such a light wash and by Element. I never expected to like anything by them, but I fell in love with these shorts the moment I saw them. They are distressed, very light washed, with crochet on the sides of the leg. I have to limit myself to the number of times that I wear them, because I could literally wear them everyday and be totally content with myself. And that's huge! I can't repeat pants in one week, but these I wear at least once if not twice a week.

Tops: I went to Old Navy with my best friend, Megan, and caught a glimpse of the perfect summer shirt: my fabric and in my shape! Its 100% rayon and boxy with short sleeves. They had it in black and white, but I decided to go with black, considering I have enough white tops (love them) and have been wanting to regrow the black section in my closet.

While at Old Navy, I spotted the cutest Texas Tech shirt I've ever seen. Its a red v neck, with the Tech logo on the left front, and "GUNS UP" vertically on the back. I almost went to Tech and so I had to get it for myself.

Dresses: I've been loving dresses this month, and basically doubled my collection.

I got a purple floor length dress from Dillard's that is stunningly simple. I love when designers take a simple pattern and make it something really special with the little details and the bold color choice. That is exactly what Gianni Bini did with this one. It crosses in the front and acts as a halter top, but has the back panel also attached on the tie. Beautiful.

I also got an orange/coral/red dress that is so my style from Dillard's! It's a very standard chiffon shift dress with the most amazing shoulders and sleeves. The shoulders have pleats to add some volume and the 3/4 length sleeves make it perfect for a summer day. I love the color too. It's the one where you can't tell if its pink, or maybe orange, or maybe coral...or red? It keeps you guessing, so its sure to stick with people. I also love that it's 3/4 length sleeve so that I can rock my signature stacked bracelets!

I got a color-blocked dress from my favorite boutique here in town. The main body is white with black at the skirt and up the sides. The hem has the same orange/coral/red color and its so bright! The sleeves are the white, with black, and the cuff is a blue/gray color. Its fabulous.

Then I also got a navy blue dress at the same boutique. It has a peachy-coral accent around the waist, on the collar, and for the placket. It buttons up the front and fastens with navy buttons. It's very modern and on trend, but has a little hipster flare to it which is a little different for me. I also really appreciate the fact that it's sleeveless, but has a collar. Perfect for summer!

Nails

I have been really good this month and have only gotten two, count them: TWO, bottles of nail polish! Both are by Butter London. The first is Fiver. Its a wonderful cross between Tiffany Blue and Mint. Its a little streaky on the first coat, but opaque after the second. The second is Macbeth. Its the orange/red/coral color, but in nail polish and its fan-freaking-tastic.

Hair

Batiste Dry Shampoo. I literally don't know how I've lived without this. I wash my hair every other day, and this product makes your hair look and feel freshly washed. And it smells absolutely wonderful! It doesn't leave any nasty residue or feel gross as the day goes on. It also adds a substantial amount of volume, which is amazing. It keeps your roots lifted so that your hair doesn't lay on your head and get any nastier than it already is.


Well...I think that might be it, I probably left a crap load of things out! I'll go through everything and add items as needed! Again..be watching for this video on YouTube! I'll have a post announcing it's arrival as my first video! I'm so excited! I'll more than likely add some May items in there as well! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment