Monday, March 25, 2013

First Obsessions Post!! March 2013

Yay!! It's around the start of a new month, and that means my Monthly Obsessions! I'm not going to be like the typical "Beauty Guru" and give you all of my makeup favorites and my hair favorites. I mean, that's only half of my life. I'm going to share me with you..that means all my randomness too. Like it might be this one pair of socks that I'm obsessed with that I am so excited about and can't contain my love for them any longer. If that I'm feeling that way, I'm gonna share. I can almost 175% guarantee that I will never post something about my love for a pair of socks. No worries there.

I'm going to start off with a pair of shoes that I've been wearing like everyday since December when I got them. My Leopard flats. I got them on super sale at Dillard's right before Christmas and haven't seemed to fall out of love with them yet. They're Kenneth Cole Reaction. They're so comfortable and so my style. They have a black patent leather toe and the rest are leopard. I would post pictures, but I'm afraid to get too close to them, cause they're in crazy bad shape. What can I say, I just love them too much haha. You'll for sure see them in upcoming fashion posts.

The biggest one for me this month is country music. I can't tell you how long I've hated country music and now it's all I listen to. I'm not going to lie, I was a little ashamed at first, but now I just have this love for it, well "Texas Country" at least. So maybe I'm a little more of the Texas girl that I never have been. I'll probably make a Spotify playlist of all of my favorite country music so we can all listen together! Okay.. so maybe I got too excited, but that should show you just how much I'm loving it!

Oh my gosh, you guys. I am freaking loving brown smokey eyes this month too! I haven't worn consistently smokey eyes since my Junior year in high school. Granted, that was only two years ago. I started wearing a variation of my "junior year everyday" look. So here it is: Lancome Latte, Lancome Volcano, Lancome Mochaccino, MAC Concrete. I love it! It adds a different twist and edge to my overall look everyday. The little edge and rawness mixed with the delicate and feminine is literally my life. Which brings me to my next point.

A look that I've been loving is an oversized band shirt with black skinny pants. Yesterday it was a black Led Zeppelin shirt with black Miss Me skinny jeans. Somedays its Beatles, others its Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan. I just love the edge of it. Especially when it's paired with my signature stacked jewelry, chunky pearl necklace, and big pearl earrings. It was warm yesterday so my black leather jacket wasn't needed, but my leopard flats were!

One of my just, lifetime really, seriously obsessions is "That 70's Show." I absolutely love Eric Foreman. This past month, I saw Steven Hyde in a whole new light and really came to appreciate him. I really loved the trademark Hyde style of...band shirts. I especially loved his black Led Zeppelin shirt. I went to Target and found one. It is almost the exact shirt that he wears. I died a little inside when I saw it. Had to buy. Had to. I literally had no other choice. But anyway, words cannot express my love for this show. I refer to the characters as if they were like real life. My friends have even begun to do the same so that I understand what they're talking about and using show scenarios to apply to current Hayley's life situations. Classic.

The weather here in Texas has been warm, until today, but anyway..I've gotten to wear shorts and my favorite summer time shoe: Chaco's. If you don't know what these little beauties are, please Google them. I seriously live in shorts and Chaco's during the summer. Perfection really. I have the solid black double strap with toe strap. Every summer I try to build up my "Chaco's tan," which is basically a zig-zag tan-line on your feet. T-shirt, Nike shorts, Chaco's = me in the summertime. Then, when you take them off, it looks like you still have them on! Best day of your life.

The colors that I've really been loving are shades of Lavender and Red/Coral/Orange. Like the color that could pass for any of those mentioned. "It pulls red, but orange, but wait..could it also be coral?" That kind of a story. I have a lot of it in my closet. Lavender however, I have to be really careful with. I've never really liked purple, like ever, so I don't have really any purple in my closet. I'm very pale with yellow undertones, so purples, especially lavender is something I have to handle with care. I either look like sick yellow, or super washed out. So, I wear lavender on my nails. OPI's Do you Lilac it and Essie Lilacism and Play Date are the three that I've been reaching for. I think I can wear them because they are more of a blue-based purple as opposed to a pinky purple.

Food...well...I think I've eaten at Chick-Fil-A twice a week all month long. At least its healthy fried chicken right? False. No such thing, but I tell myself that to make me feel a little better. But then, once you take the first bite, you don't have to tell yourself anything anymore, you're just filled with love and the greatness that is Chick-Fil-A.

I've also been loving the Simply Smooth Magic Potion. I spray 4 pumps into the palm of my hand and work it through the ends of my hair every other morning. So basically when I straighten my hair. Then I follow with spraying my entire head so that my hair can really soak in the love. It's a keratin treatment that does wonders for your hair. I'll probably have a review on this one pretty soon. I think its something we all need in our lives. It's that good you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment